You need either digital or printed photos if you’re applying for a passport online. You’ll be told as you start your application what type of photo you need.
You must get a new photo when you get a new passport, even if your appearance has not changed.
Your photo must have been taken in the last month.
Your application will be delayed if your photos do not meet the rules.
The quality of your digital photo
Your photo must be:
- clear and in focus
- in colour
- unaltered by computer software
- at least 600 pixels wide and 750 pixels tall
- at least 50KB and no more than 10MB
What your digital photo must show
The digital photo must:
- contain no other objects or people
- be taken against a plain light-coloured background
- be in clear contrast to the background
- not have ‘red eye’
If you’re using a photo taken during your application, include your head, shoulders and upper body. Do not crop your photo – it will be done for you.
In your photo you must:
- be facing forwards and looking straight at the camera
- have a plain expression and your mouth closed
- have your eyes open and visible
- not have hair in front of your eyes
- not have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
- not have anything covering your face
- not have any shadows on your face or behind you
Note – Do not wear sunglasses or tinted glasses. If you wear glasses that you cannot take off, your eyes must be visible without any glare or reflections.
Contact Devarshi Photo for more information.